One conversation that always to seem to peak people's interest is, "What is the cheapest house in the County?" The question following that one is, "What is the most expensive house in the County?" That is what this site is about, and occasionally it might contain other appraiser stuff or whatever I happen to be thinking about at the moment. Check out my other blog http://sausalitoischanging.blogspot.com/ and my professional website at WWW.PaulJamesWorld.com

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Watching an appraiser guy do the trade

job but he is making hard work of it.
I always wanted to make a film about appraising but never got around to it. At any rate,
it is easier to criticize someone elses work than it is to do the job yourself.

This guy is doing the job but he is sure making hard work of it.


Trying to draw the rooms from the inside of the house would give me a headache. And he is
trying to fill out the form while he is inside the house.

The first thing I do is measure the house from the outside. Walking around the house gives
me perspective. I can tell where the add ons are for instance. Once inside I take free lance
notes and take pictures of everything that I need to remember.




This guy is out there with a measureing tape and no one to hold the dumb end. Oh wait, that
cute girl can hold the dumb end. I use a wheel and a laser tape. I cannot imaging going back
to a tape measure.

All and all, this guy is not using techology to his advantage. In the old days of poloroid film,
we were limited in the number of pictures that we could take. Now, pictures are free so I take
a lot of them. I sort them back on the office. Secondly, that old tape measure really sucks.
A laser take makes clean accurate measurements over some pretty good distances and the
wheel is backup for anything outside the capability of the laser

1 Comments:

Blogger appraiserguy said...

I can tell - this guy is a good appraiser. He knows his stuff and slaps a real tape measure to get accurate measurements. He looks like he has been doing this for years and was taught by a professional appraiser. Nice job.

January 30, 2010 at 3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home